Frequently asked questions

If you've got questions, we've got answers. If you don't see an answer to your question here, contact Falcon at 800-929-3252.

Does Falcon have a Mobile App?

Yes, Falcon has a Mobile App! The App allows for our customers to do the following things: view policy information, access ID cards and other policy documents, make a payment as well as report a claim. Please click on one of the following icons and you will be taken directly to the Google Play or App Store to download the App.

What car insurance coverage is required by law?

The minimum limits and types of coverage required vary by state. Each state maintains its own statutory minimum requirement. Typically, states require that vehicles be covered for Body Injury Liability, Property Damage Liability and in some cases Uninsured Motorist coverage. Consult your local Falcon agent to determine the coverage required in your home state.

What Is Liability Coverage?

Liability coverage is mandatory. It covers an insured driver if he or she is at fault in an accident that results in the bodily injury of a third party (Bodily Injury Coverage), or damage to the property of a third party (Property Damage Coverage).

What are coverage limits?

Coverage limits are the maximum dollar amounts that an insurance policy will pay out in the event of a claim. Limits will vary depending on the amount of insurance purchased.

What is a Premium?

A Premium is the dollar amount you pay for your insurance policy.

What is Full Coverage?

A Full Coverage policy has Liability coverage, as well as Comprehensive and Collision coverage that will protect your vehicle if it is damaged. Comprehensive coverage includes damage to your vehicle as a result of vandalism, theft or weather-related incidents, such as hail or flood. Collision coverage will cover damage to your vehicle caused by physical contact with another vehicle or object. Comprehensive and Collision coverage require you to pay a deductible if you have a loss.

What is a Deductible?

A Deductible is the amount that you must pay before your Comprehensive or Collision coverage will take effect. For example, if a policy has full coverage with a $500 deductible and the total cost to repair an insured vehicle is $1500, then the insured will have to pay the first $500, and your insurance carrier will pay the remaining $1000. Insurance carriers will provide many deductible options when purchasing your insurance. Typically, the higher the deductible you purchase, the less your premium will be for a Full Coverage policy.

Do I need Full Coverage (Comprehensive & Collision)?

Full coverage is not required under state mandated liability insurance laws. However, if you lease a vehicle, or finance the purchase of a vehicle, your leasing or finance company will require that you carry full coverage. Consult your leasing or finance company to determine what coverage you are required to purchase.

I need an SR-22. What is it?

An SR-22 is a court order that requires an individual to demonstrate proof of liability coverage to his or her home state. States will require that an SR-22 policy be reported for a specific period of time. If the insured's policy should cancel during the mandated SR-22 period, the state may impose large fines and/or suspension of driving privileges. Consult your legal counsel for more details on SR-22 and the requirements of your home state.

What If my policy is cancelled?

Your policy will cancel if you fail to pay your premium on time. It is very important to keep your liability insurance active. Many states now require that insurance companies report the cancellation of liability policies to the department of motor vehicles or other licensing authority. Failure to keep your policy active may result in substantial fines or suspension of your driving privileges.

What If my information changes?

It is very important to keep your policy information current. Failure to notify your agent or insurance company of changes to your policy may result in no coverage in the event of an accident.

Notify your agent and/or insurance carrier immediately if any of the following changes to your policy:

  • Change of address
  • Change of any vehicle on the policy
  • Change of any driver(s) on the policy
  • Requested change of coverage
  • Additional insured/lienholder (finance or leasing company)